After her family is killed by corrupt warlord Aric Athair and his bloodthirsty army of Bullets, Caledonia Styx is left to chart her own course on the dangerous and deadly seas. She captains her ship, the Mors Navis, with a crew of girls and women just like her, who have lost their families and homes because of Aric and his men. The crew has one mission: stay alive, and take down Aric’s armed and armored fleet.
But when Caledonia’s best friend and second-in-command barely survives an attack thanks to help from a Bullet looking to defect, Caledonia finds herself questioning whether to let him join their crew. Is this boy the key to taking down Aric Athair once and for all . . . or will he threaten everything the women of the Mors Navis have worked for?
With the sequel to Seafire coming out soon, I’m about to give you five solid reasons to READ THIS BOOK!
- A FIERCE female lead. Celadonia is everything you could ever want from a strong female lead. She’s fiercely loyal, tenacious, and a fighter.
- Incredible female friendships. With so many YA novels focusing only on romance, it was amazing to immerse myself in the abundance of female companionship present in this amazing story.
- PIRATES! Need I say more? Freaking. Pirates. (I’m sold)
- Action-packed. This book has so much constant action that it is literally impossible to be bored. This book will grip you from page one to the end.
- A hate to love romance that will get your heart pounding. While the plot mainly focuses on family, love, loyalty and friendship, there is an incredible romance that will give you all of the butterflies you could ever need.